Sunday, March 06, 2005

Take That, Bruce

As I've written before, my children have been turned into Bruce Springsteen fans. Big Bruce Springsteen fans. We listen to the Rising in the car, in the kitchen, and in the den (where the computer is). My husband's closet is in the den, so he'll use the computer to play Springsteen in the evening when he changes out of his suit and into real clothes.

Well, Sparky strikes back (Sparky is my Tyler Durden, many thanks to Mike for completely warping my mind by suggesting Fight Club). I've gotten the kids hooked on this (make sure you have your speakers on). So much so that the 2 1/2 year old yells "I love it" and the 4 1/2 year old sings the lyrics - both lines of them, over and over.

Hah! Take that, Bruce!

1 comment:

clanlally said...

The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells "Stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.Cotton Eyed Joe? Dude...you're scaring me. Did I mention that they played this at the wedding I just attended? Skynrd, Cotton Eyed Joe...I think there was even some Charlie Daniels. The devil went down to the middle of nowhere in Western New York...