Friday, March 18, 2005

Poetry by Suzanne

Suzanne is my nearly five-year-old daughter. She has an intensity and passion that I thought I'd let her express here. Without further ado...

***********
Sorrow
No tortillas tonight
Yesterday she said
"Maybe tomorrow"
Mommy lies

***********

The doctor prepares the saw
Shouldn't I be given some whisky for the pain?
I'll miss my hand
A band-aid and a kiss for my papercut
Oh, was that all?

************

I am alone
Horrifyingly alone
The sun is shining but it feels like darkest night
it envelopes me and the monsters beckon
No one will save me
I can't stop screaming
There she is
Who told Mommy she could leave the room?

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Hi Billy, no my child isn't disturbed, I am, so it probably is a good idea not to read any more of this blog ;-) While the poems were my joke, they did express pretty clearly some of my 5 year-old's mood swings. I think she may be destined for the theater, she is very dramatic.

Anonymous said...

It must be late, because I was just about to write the your eldest must be a prodigy, then read you wrote them.

Clever poems even for 29+.

Missed ya tonight! -J.

Anonymous said...

Now that I have reread them and knowing your eldest is a smart girl, she could have written the first one!

J.