Thursday, March 31, 2005

I Heart Huckabees?

I thought this movie was hysterical -- its about 'existential detectives' trying to uncover the meaning behind some coincidental meetings (or are they coincidental? but thats the point). I thought the casting of Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin as the detectives was awesome. They are very Buddhist -- everything is interconnected. Of course they have a nemesis, in the form of a Frenchie, very nihilistic -- there is only pain and suffering. Like I said, funny stuff....

Whoa, pardon me, I think I'm having a sugar-crash. Kix cereal is not all that low in sugar -- having 2 bowls probably didn't help matters. When am I going to stop eating so much sugar? I've got the shakes now and its bad for my sensitive teeth.

Back to the movie -- the title has the heart symbol in it -- I could probably figure out how to use the symbol if I tried (but the shakes thing is making any kind of thought pretty difficult for me...I need protein, but those mixed nuts are too damn salty...). Hmmm, just passed my 2 1/2 year-old with her hand down her diaper, exploring her girl parts. There is no way my husband with his Catholic upbringing can handle this without scarring that kid for life. So much for his dreams of me going back to work and him hsing...

Okay, really, back to the movie title -- I have always read the heart symbol as 'love' not 'heart.' So, I would read the title as "I Love Huckabees" not "I Heart Huckabees..." though "I (Heart) Huckabees" is what NetFlix used. When I see "I (Heart) NY" I read "I love New York" not "I Heart N Y"

Gotta go and try to work off this sugar.... Though those sour Smuckers jelly beans sound yummy, they would probably be a bad idea...

No comments: