Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Eschatological Humor

Every now and then I see a car with a bumper sticker on it that reads:

Warning: In case of rapture, this car will be unmanned.

It always sounded a bit scary to me (I'm not very interested in the end times, I've got enough to concentrate on in the here and now), but I generally regard it as a profession of faith and don't dwell on it all that much.

A few years ago, while I was visiting my brother at his fairly liberal seminary, I heard some seminarians talking about either a bumper sticker they had either seen or think should exist:

Warning: In case of rapture, I want your car.

I chuckle to this day...

1 comment:

Ken Bradstock said...

Hi Sparky,
My favorite bumper sticker is "God was my co-piolet but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him."