Monday, August 30, 2004

Homeschooling Conference

I enjoyed last weekend's homeschooling conference very much and recommend it to anyone interested in homeschooling. The sessions were informative, interesting, and fun. I especially enjoyed meeting other homeschoolers -- it was nice not to have to explain why I want to homeschool and why I'm not worried about socialization! I'm very interested in volunteering with the organization that sponsored the conference and volunteered at the conference, so it was especially nice to meet the officers of the organization.

My DH also enjoyed the conference. Maybe I can coax him to post a comment about his thoughts. He attended different sessions than I did.

Actually, as I write this it occurs to me that my blog hasn't really addressed why and how I became interested in homeschooling and why I'm not concerned about socialization -- I think most of my posts thus far have been quotes from books I've read and monologues about my philosophy. I'll have to make a 'how I got here' post.

No comments: