Sunday, May 15, 2005

God and Birthday Parties

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that months ago I was a bit concerned that we didn't have many friends to invite to Suzanne's birthday party. We had lost about 5 families of friends to moves over the last year. I said a little prayer that we might make more friends. I haven't been faithful in prayer recently, and my prayers have been few and far between and usually asking for something.

Be careful what you pray for -- I was sweating the guest list a few weeks ago because we'd met about three new families of friends and had rekindled a friendship with another family. While it was stressful to think of a house filled with kids, it was quite awesome to realize how fortunate we were to have so many people with whom we wanted to share this special day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Not just for the friends, but for these beautiful, sweet children you've entrusted to my care and for this wonderful man that you've given me as a partner for life.

Guess its about time to get my spiritual life back on track.

No comments: