Saturday, January 07, 2006

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Okay, I just wanted to share my absolute addiction to Bride and Prejudice. I'm not sure how I stumbled across it but Netflix had something to do with it, so I added it to our queue along with all my husband's gloomy-British Isles-put on subtitles even though they're speaking English because we can't understand them-stories of families who've lost a member films (Millions, Dear Frankie, and the one I left the room for, In America).

Anyway, I loved the Bride and Prejudice. Its a musical Bollywood/Hollywood adaption of Pride and Prejudice. Gorgeous sets and costumes and great music. And family friendly -- there are perhaps two references and an Ashanti dance number that don't thrill me with respect to the kids viewing, but otherwise, its great. So, I had to have the DVD and the soundtrack. Along the way, I took some Amazon reviewer's recommendation and picked up a Bhangra CD. Fun, fun, fun!

Another favorite thing was an expensive German board game I got for the kids called Bella Lanella. I'd been eyeing it in the catalog for months and was not ready to part with the money, not knowing whether the kids would like it. During the Christmas season, I felt more generous. I was really happy with the purchase. The kids love it and I find it really fun and interesting, too. However, the game is only for two players, but with a 3 and 5 year old, an adult can be involved because the 3 year old needs help (at least mine does).

Bliss out.

No comments: